Friday, August 7, 2009

i have an iPhone in US (with AT&T). Going to Finland - will it work there


i have an iPhone in US (with AT&T). Going to Finland - will it work there?
Also can I check my email on it like I do here in US?
Other - Europe - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you should be able to do it. It's still a phone, so you'll be roaming, & e-mail you can check anywhere you have acess to wifi.
2 :
I would check with AT&T to see if it will work and if it does what type of roaming charges will apply.
3 :
I think your going to have to pay hella $$ for international roaming minutes.. If your moving just switch companies, if your vacation / business etc then just limit your use.
4 :
i went out of the country (to europe) and i know that it will not work unless you get an international plan thing, just call AT&T for the additional info. and yes you would still be able to check email :)
5 :
no insult intented, i dropped at&t about 13 years ago and never looked back. verizon or sprint are reality today. dump the chump carrier and get with the times. i dont work for either of the two above, i swear by them.
6 :
Yes, but you're going to pay a lot of money to do it. There are a number of international plans you can buy: http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international/roaming/affordable-world-packages.jsp When I travel there, I just use internet cafes to check my email. For a phone, I used Mobal. You can buy a phone for $50, and then just purchase a SIM card for 12 Euros or so for all your local calls. http://www.mobalrental.com/