Friday, January 21, 2011

Should I study the English language and teach it in Sweden or Finland


Should I study the English language and teach it in Sweden or Finland?
I'm not making any decisions now, but soon I will have to decide which country I want to start applying to colleges in. My native language is English, and I'm a US resident. I'm already working on learning both Swedish and Finnish.
Other - Europe - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
sounds cool
2 :
It could be difficult to get teaching jobs in either one of those countries. Good luck!
3 :
It would be wise to check out the NEED for English teachers there..I really doubt there is a great need as so many people there speak English.
4 :
It is easy to get a job in Sweden and Finland, but as a teacher in English, I regret that the chances are low, very low indeed, but it might be possible at a remote place somewhere out in the bushes.
5 :
Finland, both of those languages have official status there, although one must remember that Swedish is rarely spoken in Finland.
6 :
There are certainly possibilities to work within teaching in Sweden. HOWEVER, you must be aware that you will need not only a degree in English but also a teaching degree. Do not forget that more or less all Swedes and Finns speak fluent English and this in itself will therefore not be an advantage for you. If you manage to learn both Swedish and Finnish fluently and get an accepted teaching degree, you should certainly not have too many problems finding a job.